Wednesday, January 31, 2007

busy busy busy

Oh, where do I begin, I have been super busy since I started working 4 weeks ago.  Starting this week, Jake is back to his regular school and therapy schedule after a week and half of being under the weather. He even got a hair cut yesterday. I take him to the same Korean lady every time, she is very gentle with him and tries to do it as quickly as possible. She knows about Jake’s challenges, and even tries to encouragement me every time she sees us by saying how much stronger and more alert he is compare to the last time she saw him. I appreciate her kindness and consideration very much.

Guess what, tonight Jake took off his socks and pants all by himself before taking a bath. OK, maybe he only gets a C for coordination and motor planning for this task, but he definitely gets an A++ for determination and effort.

Usually Jake won’t finish a peg puzzle on his own unless I sit with him and give him one puzzle piece at a time. But two nights ago, I gave him a very simple shape puzzle that included 3 pieces, and I asked him to finish them on his own while I get him a drink. Guess what, when I came back to the room with his drink, he has already finish the puzzle and was waiting for me with a big smile. Another A++ for Jake!

That is it for now, I need to do some catch up on some emailing since Jake went to bed early tonight. Kevin (PT) made him work really hard this afternoon and didn’t let him take a nap, and yet, Jake still loves him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOOOO JJJAAAAKKKKKEEEE!!!!
A+++++!

Love, Sherry and Josh!