Monday, March 10, 2008

talk about nothing

Work has been crazy. I don’t know how it all evolved to this point. I got a part time job just to give myself some break from taking care of Jake all the time, and give myself an opportunity to talk to some people who are older than 5 and not Jake’s therapists. How I ended up more and more responsibilities I don’t even know.

We are getting ready to go to Michigan again in three weeks. I did finally ask my boss for three weeks off. He looked at me and said “Jenna, again? Didn’t you just went?” My answer was “Yes, but I have to go again, I have no choice.” After a few more back and forth, he said “OK, I will approve it, but you have to hire someone so I have someone to go to when you are not here.” So then this week, I am setting up interviews.

Jake is doing good, nothing major in terms of improvements or break through, but he is healthy and I suppose that is good news in of itself. He is coming down the stairs very nicely and independently by sitting on his butt and slides down one step at a time. So the middle section of the stair case gets cleaned once or twice a day by his behind, all I have to clean are the two sides. :-)

Here is a picture of Jake reading while "sun bathing" at the front door.