Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nothing new to report

I haven’t updated the blog for a long time, I have been feeling so tired lately…

We went kayaking on the Hudson River once in August. Don’t let the picture fool you, I was very nervous during the whole time even though there was virtually no wave. We also went to Hershey Park, Jake went on some of the little kids rides. He wasn't as excited as I would liked to see, maybe next year he would enjoyed it a bit more.

Jake is doing so so, no major breakthrough comes to my mind. School started last week, and I think finally therapy started this week in school. I have met all of his PT, OT and SP. I am a little bit concerned about SP, mainly because the therapist looks so young, I don’t know how much experience she has had with children with severe language/communication issues; I also don’t know how knowledgeable she is with regard to augmentative communication. But it is going to be OK, everyone has to start somewhere, including therapists.

We are heading to Michigan again next month for 3 weeks of intensive suit therapy. I actually look forward to our bi-annual trip to Michigan, even though I don’t really get to do anything other than chauffeur Jake to and from therapy; we do some grocery shopping and mall hopping on the weekends, that is about it. But still, I like going there. The only bad thing is coming home, the house is a mess, (but of course according to my husband the house is spotless).

That is about it, I hope you are have more fun than I am at the moment!