Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jake's baby brother is home

Jake’s baby brother Maxim Kai Li was born on 8/6/09, at 8:38am, birth weight was 9lbs 2.6ozs, and he was 20 ½ inches long.

As soon as I got a good look at Max, I thought right away that he looked a lot like Jake when Jake was a baby. Take a look at their pictures side by side:




Max is a really good baby so far, he eats and sleeps and rarely fusses. Jake still has school this week, so Max and I have been spending some alone time during the day. I also find nursing Max at night is very relaxing for me because for some reason, when Jake is at home, I feel a little guilty if I am not able to pay as much attention to him as I used to. I know Jake doesn’t mind it since someone is always with him to keep him occupied and safe, so it is just me. But when Jake is in school and in the middle of the night, I feel that guilt subside and I can fully enjoy my time with Max. I am not sure how long I will feel this way and I don’t know if it is healthy to feel this way, but right now it is what it is. Here are some pictures of Max.