Thursday, September 20, 2007

I did my homework

Here is a picture of Jake proudly showing off his finished math homework. His teacher Ms. Reberta has been sending homework every night. We do homework every night after dinner. I really like the homeworks because they are different activities then what we usually do at home, and also they help to reinforce what he is learning in school. Tonight Ms. Reberta called me at home, I was pleasantly surprised. She update me on how Jake has been doing, she said he is becoming less shy and more engaging with everyone in the class. She even told me that I can set up a regular time to call her and we can exchange ideas on how to help Jake learn better. Tomorrow there is a parent breakfast thing at Jake’s school, I am looking forward to going and meeting other parents.

Jake still won’t go to the bathroom with any of the paras while he is in school. He either stays dry for over 5 hours, or he wets his pull up. I don’t know what to do other than wait and see. Ms. Reberta also said we need to give more time.

When school first started, I really wasn't sure how things were going to work out. As a matter of fact, I thought the school was very disorganized based on my observation on the first day, but slowly, I am having more trust and confidence that Jake will make progress as long as I continue to work closely with school, and continue to have high expectation of Jake and those who work with him.