Friday, June 06, 2008

will be getting the disabled parking permit

Today Jake had an appointment to reassess his eligibility for the disabled NYC parking permit. Question: What would I give if in exchange he can be “abled” enough that he becomes ineligible for any services that are disabling related? Answer: I would give my everything.

Anyways, the appointment was at 1pm, we got there at 10 minutes before noon, and we were the third in line. (It is a government appointment; you can never get there too early).

Slowly the waiting room started to pile up after we arrived and I looked around, there were men and women of all colors and sizes, however, Jake was the only child there. It was a sad moment for me I am not going to deny it, but somehow I got myself together and didn’t dwell on my sadness too much. It did help that everyone there were very nice, I didn’t even feel an ounce of pity from anyone’s eyes when they looked at Jake. Perhaps, they felt that he was one of them. I mean after all, we were all there trying to renew the parking permit.

The doctor who was assigned to review Jake’s case was also very nice; he asked a few things about Jake and told me that we should expect the permit in the mail shortly. I am glad that this appointment is out of the way.

This weekend we are having a birthday party for Jake. He will turn 6 years old next week. I will post pictures of the party in my next entry.