Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hershey Park 2009

We went to Hershey Park over the Memorial weekend with my sister’s family. We got there on Saturday afternoon around 3pm and our first destination was Hershey Chocolate World. We took a tour and bought some yummy chocolates there. From there, we went to the hotel to check in and rested a bit. There was a huge swimming pool in the hotel so some of us went for a fun swim. Jake didn’t go because I didn’t anticipate him swimming so I didn’t pack a bathing suit for him. That was a missed opportunity for fun, and next time I will remember to pack it for him. Then we went to dinner and in the evening, my husband, my brother-in-law, my niece and nephew went to Hershey Park and started their evening fun. My sister, Jake and I went back to the hotel because by then it was already almost 8pm, and I wanted Jake to keep his routine, get a good night sleep so he can fully enjoy Sunday in the park.

We got to the park right round the time it opened on Sunday Morning. Jake got a special yellow wrist band which was used to identify people who needed handicap access to the rides. It was very helpful though out the day as he didn’t need to wait in lines and he was able to sit on his stroller for some of the rides. We were surprised that the park was much less crawled than we had anticipated being that it was the Memorial Day weekend, but hey, we can’t complain about that. Jake went on some of the kiddie rides himself, and my sister or my husband took turn to ride with him on some of the bigger rides. Sometimes Jake looked nervous when the rides first started, and always grabbed on the hand bars around him with very tight grips. Hey, safety awareness is always good, right?! Jake had fun, we all had fun. It was great that my sister was there to help with Jake since I couldn't go on any of the rides with him, so I wasn't too stressed out about Jake not going on enough rides because my husband was just excited about going off to big rides with my niece and nephew. Below are some pictures of Jake in the park.