Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Max reaches a milestone

and why am I blogging about it? Because after having Jake, I don't take any of the milestones for granted. One day I was at a kids' birthday party (and this was before Max was born, in fact, I wasn't even pregnant with him at the time), I over heard someone made a comment about his daughter and kids in general :" one morning you wake up, she is crawling, a few weeks later, she is walking and talking..." I remember so vividly thinking to myself :" not all of us are so lucky..." I am not saying my friend's husband was taking anything for granted, I am just explaining why it is so special for me to see Max growing and reaching his milestones naturally. Max has brought alot of joy and normalcy into our lives, and I feel much better knowing that Jake will have a brother who will love him and help him in the days ahead.

OK, back to the actual milestone, Max has been doing this for the past few days, Then this morning, he started doing this:

Then late this evening when most babies are probably sleeping, he was doing this: But of course no one actually saw the progress in motion, because i was in the shower, and my husband who was suppose to be on baby watch duty, apparently went out of the room (which I had specifically told him not to do). He only found Max at this position.

I am off to bed, I was so tired earlier that I took a 3 hour nap, a rare treat.