Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Minor accident

Jake had a minor accident this evening. He lost his balance while “sitting” up the stairs, and hit his head on the metal part of the stair lift railing. There were a few tears and a small amount of blood, but he was ok after a few mins. I plan to sneak in his room later when he is in deep sleep and take a good look at the cut, because earlier he was so defensive when we tried to exam the wound, we couldn’t really look at it closely and carefully.

Yesterday I went to the parent / teacher conference at his school after work. I covered many issues with his teacher and therapist. The main issue I wanted to discuss with them was his school placement after two years. I needed to let them know which direction I would like to see in term of school placement after his current program. The end result of that conversation is that I will arrange for a school visit with his teacher at the school that I think might be a good option. The school of our choice is out of the district so that will be a challenge to convince BOE to agree to it. For those of you who are familiar with special education you know what I mean.

Max turned 7 months old and is doing amazing, commando crawling everywhere; he loves to pull on wires and cords. I see the need for baby proofing very soon. He has one tooth and loves to eat pureed foods.

Work has been crazy busy, I get up daily at 5:30 am to feed Max, get myself ready and get Jake up for school. I try to leave for work around 7AM, and work non-stop to at least 4:30 to 5PM. I feel like my brain is on over drive all the time. As a result, I haven’t been able to spend a lot of quality time working with Jake on areas that he needs to improve. That is an issue which I don’t know how to overcome. I am just so mentally drained after work that I can’t make myself sit down and work with him. I decided that for now my role with Jake will just have to be Mom, and not Therapist Mom.