Friday, May 02, 2008

Back to Normal

Life is finally back to the old routine after almost 5 weeks of “out of routine”.

Jake is back in school, we pick him up every day at 1:30pm and then he goes to his after school therapies. We get home around 5pm, then bath, dinner, a little table top activities, then watch a little bit TV together, then around 7:30pm, Jake is off to bed. By the way, his intensive crying and screaming at bed time has stopped, mainly because we are now back on the routine, and I think by the end of the day he is too tired to scream and cry.

Jake’s walking has still not fully recovered. He has a few doctors’ appointments coming up. The first one up will be a dental appointment; I am not looking forward to that one knowing his behavior history at the dental office. Then he has an orthopedic appointment. This one I am really eager to go to because we need to find out the exact degree of his hip subluxation, scoliosis, as well as the cause of his leg discrepancies. All these factors are contributing to his lack of progress in independent walking. I just hope that we will get some good news from the doctor and not that he needs surgery. The third appointment will be with an urologist, that will just be a consultation.

Jake’s birthday is also coming up; we will have another birthday party for him. Last night, my husband and I assembled some patio furniture from IKEA. It was rather quick to assemble them thank GOD, because every time after we assemble something, I say I will never want to buy anther piece of furniture that requires self assembly. But last night, the job was really easy and fast. So I am hoping by Jake’s birthday, the weather will be nice enough we can sit outside on the patio.