Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Can I get som sleep around here?

Jake has been sick for over ten days now. He has been on zithromax (an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body), prednisolone (is a steroid medicine which reduces swelling and lowers the body's immune response), bromatane (a cough suppressant), tylenol and motrin (reduces fever), and just yesterday, started another antibiotics called augmentin. In addition, he has been on daily xopenex (inhalation solution which relaxes the tightened muscles around the airways in the lungs) and pulmicort (a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation).

In summery, he has been so sick, and I am so tired. He missed two weeks of school and therapies which included PT, OT, and Speech. We were supposed to visit some friends in Boston and spend Thanksgiving together, that plan has been utterly and completely thrown out of the window. For most, I hate to see him so miserable like this; secondly, it really holds him back when his routines are interrupted for such an extended period of time. Because it means once he is well, we have to rebuilding his strength, endurance and momentum.

I really try to keep this blog a positive one, but things have been pretty rough around here. I am always looking for inspirations to get through days like today when I feel like I have had it. One major source of inspiration comes from another blog which mostly is about financial investment. However, the author is a 39 years old man with stage 4 colon cancer; he has a son who is 2 ½ years old. Today he wrote “For one reason or another, god has chosen this road for me to travel. And guess what, I will gladly walk this line until I am absolutely down and out. You know me by now - it's not that easy to put me down. And this is all I have to say: " Let's get it on!"


No comments: