Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Please don't let this be an one night thing

Dear God, I hope I am not going to jinx myself by writing this, Please.

I have some amazing good news to share. Tonight for the first time, Jake walked by holding onto one hand only. OK, the walk was not perfect, and it had to be his left hand that was held, not the right, and he couldn’t walk long before he needed a break. But what the heck, he did it! The prize was raisins on the other side of the room, (organic raisins I bought at Wholefoods). He walked back and forth in the room with me holding his left hand several times.

I am very excited, it is totally over shadowing the fact that 50% of the work force in my husband’s department got laid off this afternoon. He dodged the bullet yet once again, but he says that soon, the whole company will be dissolved as a result of merger and reorganization. OK, I am going to be sad and worried about this later, right now, let me just celebrate a major accomplishment by Jake.

I couldn’t take any pictures or video clips, sorry, I was home alone. I have to show it to Kevin (PT) tomorrow. I hope this is not an one night thing, I am not going to write too much because I don’t want to jinx it. :-)

No comments: