Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray......Jake is all better

Jake has finally made a full recovery. As of this week, he resumed all normal activities which include school and therapies.

I can’t believe 2006 is almost over. One of the objectives I had for this year is to look into special needs planning. Basically, I want a plan in place for Jake’s care in case something happens to my husband and I. My husband for one reason or another refuses to even give the matter a thought. I on the other hand, feel very strongly that it is something we must do. Just the other day, this lady driving a huge SUV almost ran into my little Jetta!!!

I have made an appointment for a consultation with a lawyer, but I need to read more and be more educated about the issues before going to the appointment. I admit it is not exactly a fun subject to discuss or read about, however, it has to be done.

Jake got really upset during OT yesterday, and again got really upset with his speech therapist this afternoon, because in an attempt to open his mouth more, she stuck this really nasty tasting therapeutic thing in his mouth. That was the end of the speech session, Jake pushed her hands away again and again, and as soon as he got a hold of my hands, he started to walk out. I think it is a good developmental milestone that he is showing his emotions and dislikes instead of being indifferent, his therapists agree.

Oh, did I mention with regard to the special needs planning, I am considering adding something like in an event something happens to me, my husband is not allow to get married again.... :-)

No comments: