Monday, October 16, 2006

Dedicated to little Kevin


I just received very sad news, a little boy in Jake’s school passed away this afternoon around 1:30pm. His name is Kevin, and he is 4 years old. I have seen Kevin many times in school. I have stroked his hair, and touched his face, because he was such a cute little boy that I could hardly resist not to.

Just seven days ago, Kevin was going to school, working with his therapists, riding on the school bus; but this afternoon, Kevin left his family and became an angel in heaven.

My heart felt condolences go out to Kevin’s family. From one family with a special needs child to another, I can relate to the heartaches and challenges they have had to deal with related to Kevin’s needs, but I can not even for one minute, imagine the pain and the suffering they must feel at this moment.

I wonder why did Kevin come into this world only to leave so soon. Well, people say everything happens for a reason, and I believe that, even though most of the time, I don’t know what the reasons are. But I do know that little Kevin has touched my life, and the lives of many others, and we will miss him. In heaven, Kevin will run around, sing and play all day long, and then sleep like a baby when he is all done with his day.

No comments: