Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Did he really stand by himself?

well, I am almost 100% certain that Jake stood by himself for 3 seconds today. It happened at his speech therapist’s office. We were waiting for the therapist to get ready, and I had him stand and told him to show Irene and Maria that he can stand by himself, and then he did, for like 3 seconds. Irene saw it but Maria missed it.

OK, then when we got to his physical therapist, Kevin’s office, the first thing out of my mouth was “guess what, Jake really stood by himself for 3 seconds today, let him show you.” I can tell, Kevin was excited about the news as well. Then nothing, Jake didn’t hold the standing position. Come on, I am thinking to myself, out of all the people, Jake, you’ve got to show Kevin something, he works so hard with you!

Anyways, maybe he will tomorrow. For the first time in a long time, I am really hopeful that Jake will stand by himself. To me, he must be able to stand independently if he has any chance of walking independently. Maybe I am still hoping for the impossible, but hey, it is better to have hope than not.

No comments: