Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

So we have officially cancelled our Michigan trip. Jake was scheduled to participate in a 3 weeks intensive physical therapy treatment there, but due to his recent injury, we decided it was best to postpone the treatment. Hey, maybe we can use the money to go on a vacation after all!

Today is Halloween; a lot of kids in Jake’s school are dressed up in their cute costumes. Last year, Jake didn’t understand anything about Halloween. This morning, as I was dressing him in his Tiger costume, I explained to him that he is dressing up as Tiger today. I took him to the long mirror so he can see himself head to toe. He was very excited and every time when I asked him “who is Tiger today?” he consistently pointed to himself. So that made me happy the fact that he responded appropriately to the situation. Little things like this make me happy, because they don’t come easy. My sister will never understand my life, because everything comes so easy for her kids; they walked, they talked, they learned things on their own….

I still remember the first time Jake crawled by himself, and I remember the first time he walked with his walker on his own, and I have imagined a million times for the moment when he takes a step on his own. It is so emotional just thinking about that moment, I don’t know what I will do if and when that imaginary moment becomes a reality.

I know, I will probably pass out.

No comments: