Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday. Happy Birthday, honey.

So we haven’t taken too many vacations since most of our trips have been “therapy” trips. Here is a picture taken when we were in Hainan Island. Boy, do I wish we are there right now.

I have to admit with guilt, that almost all of my energy goes into Jake's therapies, Jake's needs, and everything and anything that is Jake related, to a point that I don't do anything special for my husband, or for myself. If anything, I am always complaining that my husband isn't involved enough in Jake's care. My mother always takes my husband's side when I complain, and at that moment, I was annoyed that she wasn't on my side. But the truth is my mother is right. I have a wonderful husband, who is a loving father to Jake, and he is a great son to his parents and mine.

Everyone must have very special moments with their spouses. For me, there are many as well, but the one that is on the top of the list happened in the hospital. During one of Jake’ surgeries, we were in the pre-operation room. Jake was lying there looking very lost in that big and impersonal hospital bed. I saw my husband bent down and gently stroked Jake’s hair, he gave him a kiss and said “daddy loves you”. Poor Jake, he had no idea he was about to go under the knifes, but I know he felt safe knowing his daddy was right there by his side.


No comments: